Wednesday, July 8, 2009

end of 2 months

i've reached the 2 month milestone of my first year of internship! that means my first posting is halfway through :D

and i'm surviving! i hope. hehe

so far it's not that bad. there are times when i just feel like running home away from the wards and not coming back, but i always force myself to stay.
and on call i feel like turning off my phone and staying in my call room to sleep but i force myself to answer the calls anyway, because well, i'm all the patients have isn't it?

then again, today i received cookies from a patient, i was SO SUPER TOUCHED :D
this patient is a doctor herself from another country, and i don't think i paid her particularly much attention, but i think she realised i was having a really tough time running 2 wards especially with a demanding resident. the gift cheered me up tonnes! :D

calls are coming thick and fast, once every 3/4 days for me right now. can't wait till my leave arrives!

last labour ward call i did- EXCITING STUFF :D
we'd 3 caesareans - 1 was almost a crash caesar because of a really bad decel on CTG. getting to scrub up 3 times that night was exhausting but a load of fun! :D plus the resident that night was one of my favourites, sweet and ever willing to teach despite her exhaustion. so i didn't mind waking up 1 hour earlier to pre-round the patients for her to make her work earlier, although i think it really wasn't very glamorous to fall asleep at the nursing counter. oh dear!

students in the wards now, i wish i could have time to teach them, but my current ward is so super busy that i barely have time for lunch, let alone to teach people! arghhhh.

well call cm again! need to sleep early.
but arghhh tour de france is on and i'm dying to watch! :(

No comments: