Saturday, May 23, 2009

quick update

thus ends my 1st week in the labour ward! i have done 3 episiotomies, delivered a baby, seen an IUD (saddest thing ever), seen a cord prolapse, endured loads of shittiness and made friends with the residents.

the 2 residents on my side are SUPER NICE :D i am so thankful to them! esp when i bung the iv cannulae (we have to set 18 G ones, arghhh), they will willingly do it for me. super nice :D

got to go to the OR to assist in a caesar, SO EXCITING. the senior resident laughed at me when i jumped as they ripped the membranes and the liquor gushed all over my hand. hahahaha. clearly i have not assisted in a caesar before! but it was SO EXCITING, esp when i had to "cpr" the abdomen to push the baby out! :D of course, i ended of with blood all over my shoes and pants. arghhh. thankfully i'm not washing them though :P

i think i love deliveries, nothing beats them!!! :D

have finished my 3 calls in 6 days, that was exhausting and i hope i dont' have another set coming up that fast :\ esp since i had a patient with a stroke on the call and i had to call a neurologist from another hospital about the patient, which was hell because i had to call the other hospital 5 times before getting a human being to talk to me. ARGH. plus there were 2 AMA discharges on my call, one at 8 pm, and one at 2 am. so i had to type all the whole discharge summary!!! :\ oh gosh. but i think it's still better than having the patient desat on me as per my sunday call. eeks.

remind me to write about the cord prolapse another day!

No comments: